We all need a little extra motivation sometimes. This is especially true when you’re in a management position. You have dozens of responsibilities to handle, from hiring and scheduling employees to doing inventory and accounting. Having all of these tasks to worry about isn’t always conducive to feeling motivated.
That’s why we’ve compiled this list of 35 inspirational quotes for work. These quotes will keep you focused and give you the extra boost you need to make it through the tough days.
35 Inspirational Quotes For Work
We’ve chosen 35 of the best inspirational quotes for work and put them into several different categories: perseverance, goals, change, and failure. Each of these topics has valuable lessons to offer any manager.
Inspirational Quotes For Work About Perseverance
1) “If you are working on something exciting that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” —Steve Jobs
2) “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” —Ella Fitzgerald
3) “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” —Ayn Rand
4) “Never allow a person to tell you no, who doesn’t have the power to say yes.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
5) “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” —Henry Ford
6) “My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength.” —Michael Jordan
7) “First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win.” —Mahatma Gandhi
8) “Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work, one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it.“ —Ralph Waldo Emerson
9) “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” —Edson Arantes do Nascimento (Pelé)
10) “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” —Wayne Gretzky
Inspirational Quotes For Work About Goals
11) “I don’t focus on what I’m up against. I focus on my goals and I try to ignore the rest.” —Venus Williams
12) “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.“ —Confucius
13) “If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.” —Dalai Lama
14) “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.” —Vince Lombardi
15) “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.” —Abraham Lincoln
16) “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” —John Quincy Adams
17) “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” —Thomas Edison
18) “One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.” —Michelle Obama
19) “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” —C.S. Lewis
Inspirational Quotes For Work About Change
20) “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” —Lyndon Johnson
21) “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” —Charles Darwin
22) “If something is wrong, fix it now. But train yourself not to worry, worry fixes nothing.” —Ernest Hemingway
23) “Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.“ —Pablo Picasso
24) “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” —Anne Frank
25) “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” —Helen Keller
26) “Yesterday’s home runs don’t win today’s games.” —Babe Ruth
27) “Whatever your life’s work is, do it well. A man should do his job so well that the living, the dead, and the unborn could do it no better.” —Martin Luther King, Jr.
Inspirational Quotes For Work About Failure
28) “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” —Winston Churchill
29) “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” —Maya Angelou
30) “Real courage is when you know you’re licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.” —Harper Lee
31) “I didn’t fail the test. I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.” —Benjamin Franklin
32) “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.” —Truman Capote
33) “Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.” —Voltaire
34) “Out of clutter, find simplicity. From discord, find harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” —Albert Einstein
35) “Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire.” —Oprah Winfrey
Work isn’t always easy because it’s, well, work. It’s important to remember that everyone struggles, everyone fails, and we all lose motivation sometimes.
That’s why these 35 inspirational quotes for work are good to know. They’re quotes from people who accomplished magnificent things in their lives but, at one point or another, were down and out. Never forget that!
Finally, we’d like to close with one last quote to help you keep perspective during a tough time:
“Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.” —Elbert Hubbard
For more free resources to help you manage your business better, organize and schedule your team, and track and calculate labor costs, visit GetSling.com today.